Cheese-Stuffed Lettuce Wrapped Burgers
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz mozzarella, cut into 4, 1-inch cubes
- 1 head iceburg lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Place the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onion and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl combine the beef, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix with your hands until the ingredients are fully combined. Divide the meat into 4 equally sized balls.
- Press a piece of mozzarella into the center of each ball of meat, and flatten into a patty. Make sure to keep the mozzarella fully covered on all sides.
- Grill the patties for 4-5 minutes per side, until cooked to your desired doneness.
Assemble the burgers with a large piece of lettuce, a slice of tomato and a spoonful of tender onions. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One burger equals: 354 calories, 16g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 44g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!